Hello Everyone!

Hi! My name is Elana and I am the new intern for this community. I’m glad that I have the opportunity to engage with the ALD community and am looking forward to learning more about the condition. I thought that it would be a good idea to briefly introduce myself to all of you. I’m a junior in university and am studying microbiology and anthropology. I hope to go to medical school in the future, so I’m kept pretty busy by all of the work that comes with that goal. My hobbies are sketching and reading.

I am Veronica John, mother and caregiver of a 31 year son with ALD. Renaldo was diagnosed 5 years ago but the disorder began in his sophomore year in college while persuing an Engineering scholarship.

About three months ago his decline has been steady from being unable to stand to his inability to speak. Most days.he can barely pronounce one word.

Welcome to the team and if l can assist in any way please do not hesitate to reach out.

Veronica

Hi Veronica! Thank you for sharing your son’s story with me. I can’t imagine how difficult it has been for you both. I really appreciate you reaching out.
-Elana

Hi Elana much appreciated and hang in there lots of people need your assistance. Be safe!

1 Like